Mother's Day is coming up soon! What better way to celebrate the woman who brought you into this world than by making her feel extra special? Here are some tips on how to make your mother feel loved and appreciated.
1. Buy her flowers or a gift set. Nothing says "I love you" more than a bouquet of fragrant flowers. But for something more practical, you could buy her a new set of cookware, or a book.
2. Take her out for dinner. Mother's Day is meant to be a time to celebrate mothers, so you might as well celebrate with your moms. So have her treat herself (and you!) to a nice meal at one of the restaurants where she loves to eat (but make sure they are still in business).
3. Help her around the house. Cleaning the house is good exercise, and it will help relieve some of the stress that comes with being a mother. It will also give you a chance to spend some time with your mother and show her how much you care about her.
4. Make her favorite comfort food. A comfy chair in front of the TV, a warm cup of tea by her side, and you can even have munchies ready to go while she's watching a movie – this is the perfect way to spend time with her, and alone time with your mother is not fun!
5. Make a day of it. If you can't make dinner at home, pop out for some ice cream or some lassi (a popular Indian drink made from yogurt). Take her out to the park so she can see all the kids running around. Keep it light and fun!
Happy Mother’s Day: surprise Her With Creative Gifts!
Sometimes our mothers have ideas of exactly what they want, but sometimes we couldn't possibly expect them to know their mother's secret kitty treats! Hence, if you're not sure what to get her, go ahead and take a cue from the mothers of the world: surprise her with a unique present.
1. Give her something handmade. You'll be surprised at how much she appreciates a special gift made with genuine love and care, especially if you're both artists or craft people and you can come up with something specific to her interest.
2. Give her something that can be worn. Sweaters, scarves, hand-knitted socks, or hand-crafted earrings are all great options.
3. Write her a song. Or make up a song on the spot and sing it to her, using the tune of "Happy Birthday" as your tune! This is also an acceptable way to express how you feel about your mother – and if it's really funny enough she'll be sure to appreciate it!
4. Give her some flowers. If you can, do a little research and find out what her favourite flower is, and give her some of that! Don't have a green thumb? Come up with another surprise gift, like roses covered in gold glitter.
Remember to keep it light and fun: giving your mother stress will do no one any good, especially if you're trying to make her feel good! Spending time with your mother will help you learn how to be a better parent, but most importantly, spending quality time with your mother just feels good.
Mother's Day isn't just a day for presents: it's a day for family and togetherness.